- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Astronomy and Space Sciences!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
We are looking for an Electronics Technician that will work with a team of experts at the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) in Narrabri. This position provides a unique opportunity to work within one of the world’s leading research facilities, presenting a wide range of technical challenges whilst living within a unique country setting. You will work within a small team to learn about and carry out technical maintenance, operations support and upgrades as necessary.
Your duties will include:
- Learning about a wide range of electronic data acquisition and control electronics associated with the various systems of the telescope infrastructure.
- Maintaining the electronics instrumentation of the telescope whilst considering operational and financial constraints.
- Undertaking fault diagnosis and routine maintenance of a broad range of electronic equipment.
- Attending to afterhours breakdowns and working flexible hours if required and occasionally travelling to other sites to assist with installation and maintenance of electronic systems.
- Coordinating resources for both planned and unplanned maintenance activities and providing additional assistance for other teams when necessary, including support for cryogenic staff with maintenance activities.
- Working to improve or creating documentation for processes associated with maintenance activities, including the creation and administration of document management processes.
Location: Narrabri, NSW
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Electronics Certificate Associate Diploma or equivalent (or working toward either), in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognised technical college or tertiary education institution.
- Valid Class ‘C’ driver’s licence.
- Willingness and ability to work and access heights at 50m above the ground.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environment as a core value.
- Previous experience with soldering, and rework of PCBs and electronic modules as well as mechanical assembly.
- Experience with fault finding and diagnostics to solve unique problems for a wide variety of systems.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.