- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Digital Outcomes!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the Digital Innovation Arm of Australia’s Largest Science Agency, the CSIRO.
The Technical Lead - Embedded Engineer will manage a group of experts within the Pervasive Computing team in Data61 working on a close-to-market system of wirelessly networked embedded devices, for low-power tracking of location and activity of assets and people within a construction context. The position will also work within the Distributed Sensing Systems research group and in partnership with external companies, make a significant contribution towards impactful research and development aimed at improving the efficiency of construction site management operations.
Your duties will include:
- Managing team members including junior hardware engineers and software engineers to deliver a close-to-market embedded device.
- Leading the design and development of an embedded device for asset management and site safety that provides real-time location of assets and people in GPS-denied areas on construction and other commercial sites.
- Leading the documentation and software handover for technology transfer to external clients.
- Designing and develop testing systems for verification of device hardware and software.
- Leading lab and field-testing activities to ensure the developed hardware and software reaches commercial ready quality and is reliable during the whole of the construction phase.
- Maintaining effective and efficient software and hardware development across the team.
- Choosing appropriate management strategies and communication styles to maintain high levels of motivation and productivity, giving feedback for development purposes and providing support and direction for improvement, as required.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-time)
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Master’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in Electrical or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with technology transfer or leading commercialisation of research to external clients.
- Extensive background in the programming of embedded IoT platforms, embedded OS. (FreeRTOS or similar), the development of low-level drivers, and energy-optimized software.
- Expertise with low-power wireless network stacks (BLE and/or LoRaWAN).
- Previous experience with LINUX, UNIX or Raspbian.
- Demonstrated experience working as a full-stack developer.
- A track record of project management and supervising/working with staff to deliver against external project milestones on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools and software version tracking.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of commercialisation of CSIRO IP.
- Willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of commercial outcomes.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st April 2020, 11:00pm AEST