- Do you have an interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- Use your skills for automating & optimising spatio-temporal environmental processes
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint two CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellows to work along-side their scientists in the Hybrid Prediction activity area.
As the successful candidate you will develop methods for automating and optimising spatio-temporal environmental processes that may involve faster, surrogate representations through the development of emulators and bring in data sources at different scales.
Your research will focus on the advancement and development of machine learning methods and tools (such as deep learning) to improve predictions, understand predictive uncertainty, optimise, calibrate and improve efficiency of process model computation through the development of computationally efficient surrogate models (emulators), leverage off different data and information sources and generalise methods to new applications.
Your duties will include
- Develop methods for automating and optimising spatio-temporal environmental processes that may involve faster, surrogate representations through the development of emulators and bring in data sources at different scales.
- Implement these methods efficiently using programing tools such as R, Python and TensorFlow.
- Carrying out evaluation of the developed software to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose. Taking responsibility for functionality, performance and robustness.
Location: Dutton Park QLD Australia
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a Platform-relevant discipline area, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer science, statistics, data analytics, applied mathematics or applied physics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- A history of prefessional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- Solid knowledge of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistics, and the ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded machine learning algorithms and their development in toolkits such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or mlpack.
- High level computational and programming skills (in Python, R, or CC++) to build machine learning models and conduct analyses.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV or resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must address the essential and desirable criteria outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 16 February 2020 at 11.59pm AEDT