- Are you an amazing Strategy Consultant?
- Do you love Science and Technology?
- Join CSIRO Futures and conduct work that can help solve Australia’s greatest challenges!
CSIRO Futures, the strategic advisory arm of Australia’s national science agency, is currently looking for Strategy Consultants to help clients better understand how to leverage emerging technologies to plan for an uncertain future. The role involves conducting primary research, performing analysis to derive novel insights, and engaging in stakeholder consultation and report writing. Typical projects will focus on understanding the science and technology-based opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends in an industry or sector.
If you have relevant consulting experience and a passion for science, then this is the opportunity for you!
Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including provision of a national police check as well as other security/medical/character clearance requirements. Please note that the initial contract for this role is for a term of 2 years, with the option of extension after this time.
Your duties will include
- Gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising information into detailed, logical, evidence-based quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions
- Planning and extracting information from client and industry workshops and interviews
- Succinctly and professionally communicating complex business, scientific and technical concepts to client stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to reach objectives
- Establishing networks with other teams and professionals in their field
- Developing a working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains
Location: Parkville (VIC), Clayton (VIC) or Pullenvale (QLD)
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of two years
To be successful you will need
- Undergraduate qualifications in business, finance, economics, science, or engineering discipline or a related field that includes a significant analytical component.
- At least 2 years' experience developing strategic insights by gathering, evaluating and synthesising many different types of information.
- Experience building professional quality client-facing written reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting tasks, and flexibly achieve desired outcomes to satisfy client expectations.
- Competence in Microsoft packages and specifically familiar with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 16 September 2019 at 11pm AEST