- Do you like a challenge?
- Are you interested in research?
- Would you like to improve your computer skills?
Applications for the 2019-2020 Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Summer Internship program are now open. We invite students ready to challenge themselves and/or try something new to apply. Students from all fields and disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The goal of the Pawsey Summer Internship program is to enable undergraduate students to develop skills in computational science by providing the opportunity to be immersed in advanced computing research projects.
We will provide access to high-performance computing, visualization facilities, large-scale data storage and high-speed communications along with expert help to make the best use of technology. Researchers at Pawsey Partner institutions are submitting an impressive array of projects for you to work on.
The internship program includes an intensive induction week. During this week, you will learn the basics of supercomputing, data management and scientific visualization and discuss impacts of those on research now and in the future.
You will be supervised by leading researchers and undertake challenging research projects using the resources provided by the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. You will also learn from Pawsey Supercomputing Centre staff about good practices of using Pawsey resources, good practices for poster creation/presentation, techniques for business communication, and more. For more information, please see our website at Pawsey Supercomputing Centre.
Projects: Projects from across domains and disciplines are being sought. Projects may include High-Performance Computing, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, Large-scale Data Storage, Machine Learning, High-speed Interconnects/Communication or Scientific Visualisation.
Location: Perth, WA
Scholarship: AU$1,559.85 per fortnight
The Internships are open to third year and higher undergraduate students (including honours) or master’s students at Australian higher education institutions. The program runs for ten weeks over the summer period from 25 November 2019 through to 14 February 2020.
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
To apply for the internship program you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV, Motivational Statement and Letter of Reference (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field. In your Motivational Statement, tell us why you want to participate in a Pawsey Summer Internship, the type of project work you want to be involved in, and what you want to learn. A Letter of Reference is a letter received from a university supervisor or professor, or manager in a related industry.
- upload your Academic Transcript in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list; and
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select ‘Not Applicable’ for both Preference 1 and Preference 2; and select ‘Not Applicable’ in the ‘GPA Selection’ section.
Successful applicants will be invited to provide project preferences after the initial selection process.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
20 September 2019 at 11:59pm AEST