- Are you a recent Software Engineer graduate looking to kickstart your career?
- Are you seeking to gain experience in program coding?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are currently looking for recent Software Engineering graduates wishing to enter the workforce to gain some first-rate experience in the program coding domain.
The Building Development and Commercial Team within CSIRO has an excellent opportunity for a Systems Support Officer who will provide administrative support to the Intellectual Property Team while having a strong focus on IT systems.
You will assist in reporting Intellectual Property information, developing electronic Intellectual Property capture and workflow processes while creating user interphases and linking CSIRO information systems. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Intellectual Property team at CSIRO.
Even if you are not a recent graduate but have at least 2 years relevant work experience with using and developing SQL database queries and M-SQL Report Builder, then do submit your application today!
Your duties will include
• Working collaboratively with the Intellectual Property Executive Manager and the wider Intellectual Property Team in developing customized reports and datasets from the Intellectual Property Database to enhance Intellectual Property transparency across the organization.
• Working proactively as part of a regionally dispersed team to develop electronic processes for capturing and managing novel inventions, trademarks and software modules.
• Creating user interphases to provide access to specific Intellectual Property information.
• Liaising with CSIRO BD&C staff in linking Intellectual Property information to existing data capture systems.
• Co-ordinating and regularly managing projects within the Intellectual Property team including the organisation of WebEx based Intellectual Property Education e-modules, team professional development activities and other electronic communication activities.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$63,594 - AU$80,937 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
1. Recently completed Software Engineering degree or minimum 2 years relevant work experience with using and developing SQL database queries and M-SQL Report Builder.
2. Proficient level of technical skills in MS Office
3. Demonstrated ability to generate improved work flow solutions.
4. Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to liaise with all staff and stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise competing demands and maintain a flexible approach in a fast-paced environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
1. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and SAP
2. Proficient level of technical skills in SharePoint and Confluence
3. Intranet authoring experience with knowledge of SiteCore
4. Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support at a managerial level
5. Experience in Intellectual Property processes, systems and databases
A National Police Check is required to be lodged by the successful applicant and clearance to be received before commencing.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 26 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST.