- Do you have technical knowledge with SCADA and security systems
- Manage a team to provide first line diagnostics of plant and equipment for AAHL
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Business and Infrastructure (CBIS) is seeking a Manager - Operations to manage the team of specialists that administers, monitors, operates and provides first line diagnostics of plant and equipment for the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) ensuring the containment of microbiological risks to meet OGTR and DAFF regulations.
Your duties will include
- Manage a team of technicians and operators to:
- Ensure the operation of the plant and equipment to provide 24/7 laboratory capability
- Monitor, diagnose, rectify or escalate plant and equipment faults
- Maintain SCADA and Physical Security Systems to ensure continued availability
- Implement upgrades and enhancements to SCADA and Physical Security systems
- Work closely with Maintenance Teams and Engineers to ensure plant and equipment reliability.
- Manage Asset Management Plans to ensure SCADA, Physical Security systems and other plant and equipment continue to provide a reliable and cost-effective level of service.
- Manage technically complex projects from conception to commissioning, ensuring projects are delivered to approved budgets, scope and time.
- Collaborate with site stakeholder groups to ensure microbiological security and laboratory capability standards are met.
- Manage a team of officers to provide the site reception function.
Location: Geelong VIC
Salary: $113,338 to $132,811 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 12 months with possibility of extension
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including eligibility for professional membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills with strong interpersonal skills (negotiating, mentoring, coaching, training and reporting writing) to manage the operations of a customer focused Specialist Team engaged in the monitoring, control, security and minor repairs of the AAHL Facility.
- Demonstrated specialist technical knowledge of and experience with SCADA and security systems, LANs, PLCs and associated software. Able to demonstrate sound operation management skills for a large complex control system.
- Demonstrated high level technical knowledge and understanding of building and related engineering trades and services, including essential skills, relevant to the safe and sustainable operation of complex research facilities.
- Financial management skills including estimating, budgeting, cost control, recording and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience and appreciation of relevant procedures/protocols associated with Occupational Health and Safety requirements applicable to personnel operations, safety and security at CSIRO’s research facilities.
- Prior experience in a similar facility and/or familiarity with engineering systems at AAHL and / or Knowledge of the principals of microbiological security.
- Expertise in electrical, mechanical, electronics, operation and maintenance and/or process plant engineering involving automated control systems.
- A sound understanding of plant diagnostic and maintenance methods and a demonstrated ability to analyse and solve problems in unfamiliar, ambiguous or otherwise unusual situations, where initiative is required.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen who are currently holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government security clearance.
Due to the nature of our work, applicants must:
- Possess a current driver’s, reside within 45 minutes travelling time to CSIRO AAHL and be willing to participate in an on-call roster.
- Be willing and able to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies.
- Be willing and able to be vaccinated against rabies, hepatitis B, Japanese encephalitis or other agents.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 10th June, 2019