- Kick-start your research career!
- Be mentored by leading scientists in the field of protein engineering.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and innovation research organisation.
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This Postdoctoral Fellowship represents an outstanding opportunity for you to join CSIRO's vibrant, diverse Protein Engineering Team located at Black Mountain in Canberra. The overarching aim of the project will be the construction of living sensors that will be deployed in a broad range of applications and will address fundamental questions relating to chemosensing in bacteria. As the Postdoctoral Fellow, you will repurpose bacterial sensor proteins, altering their specificity and allowing them to sense non-natural environmental contaminants. You will also develop response systems coupled to the sensory proteins, such as novel genetic circuits.
Location: Canberra ACT
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Salary: $86K - $94K + up to 15.4% super
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as protein engineering or molecular microbiology.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) postdoctoral research experience.
- A background in protein biochemistry
- Experience with molecular microbiology
- High level written and oral communication skills
- A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
- A record of science innovation and creativity
- Experience in protein engineering and/or directed evolution, or membrane proteins would be an advantage.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
19 June 2019