- Apply your C/C++ software development expertise to help create the future!
- Contribute to innovative research in robotics and automated systems
- Join Data61, Australia's largest data innovation group.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to develop software solutions for robotic and automated systems platforms within the Cyber Physical Systems program. In this position you will fill a critical role within the multi-skilled and highly motivated Robotics and Automated Systems software team. In collaboration with research scientists and engineers, you will carry out highly rewarding work, and contribute to world leading research and robotics systems.
In this role you will:
• Design and develop high-quality software solutions
• Identify, prioritise and deliver on software development tasks
• Champion and improve on software development best practice processes
• Review, debug and optimise code
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Salary: $111K - $130K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years C/C++ software development experience.
- Evidence of exemplary software engineering skills in areas such as robotics software development, AI and autonomous systems development, communication protocols, 3D geometry processing and linear algebra, machine vision, image processing, with 2+ years real time software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience championing and applying software engineering best practice.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Any of the following skills would be an advantage, however are not essential.
- High level of expertise with Linux based operating systems
- Experience with ROS; Robot Operating System
- High level of familiarity of various communication protocols
- Machine vision and image processing experience
- An understanding of linear algebra
- AI and autonomous systems experience
- Excellent debugging and bug fixing skills
- DevOps and Docker deployment
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. Find out more! www.csiro.au
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Open until filled