- Help deliver hydrogen energy technology to the world!
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO - Australia's leading scientific and industrial research organisation.
The role of Research Scientist Staff in CSIRO is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO’s strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
In this role you will undertake research associated with development and demonstration of hydrogen energy technologies across the energy value chain from hydrogen production, from renewable and hydrocarbon resources, storage, transport and utilisation.
Your duties will include
- Research and technical leadership of key projects or components of larger projects with strong emphasis on chemical processes, materials science and energy systems engineering.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking, and identifying and adapting quickly to changes.
- Using professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience/achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved research program.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: $97K - $130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant PhD degree or other qualification together with relevant work experience in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science or similar areas.
- Expertise and practical experience in high temperature and/or pressure experimental systems and industrial processes with particular emphasis on complex gas handling and safety requirements.
- A track record of developing and delivering client-focused research projects.
- A recognised national, and emerging international, profile in relevant technical area of expertise.
- Evidence of ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, institutions and industry groups at national and international scale.
- Demonstrated Project management skills
For more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We're here to solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
10 March 2019