- Ready to make an impact?
- Lead the function in this high profile role
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
As the Director Engineering, Experience and Product reporting to the CEO Data61, you will provide strategic leadership for the engineering, user experience design and product management functions in Data61. Staff in these functions work in partnership with staff from Research Groups and Business Development to rapidly prototype and develop innovative technology, products and platforms and deploy these into technology trails and commercially viable products and platforms.
Your duties will include
- Impactful business leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Sydney (Technology Park, Eveleigh)
Salary: AU$160k - AU$201k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Three years
Tertiary qualifications in engineering, design or product or equivalent industry experience.
To be successful you will need
- Evidence of successful leadership of a large technology or product development function.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows new opportunities.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster cross organisational capability.
- Experience in managing an annual operating budget for a comparable size group and experience in participating in planning and forecasting cycles, and reporting on performance against budget.
- Ability to drive the development of globally competitive technology which is suitable for operational use.
- Extensive experience in the development of software products for the market.
- A track record in workforce planning to meet short and long term needs.
- Proven ability to build cohesive teams.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
We're working hard to recruit diverse people and to ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 5 November 2018