- Use your experience to develop techno-economic models of Australia's energy sector!
- Undertake research with real-world impact!
- Join CSIRO Energy and make a difference!
CSIRO Energy is seeking an experienced Research Scientist to develop techno-economic models of Australia’s energy sector to assess existing and emerging energy technologies, sector trends and policy directions.
Your duties will include:
- Developing, applying and interpreting techno-economic models of the energy system, particularly the Australian electricity and transport sectors.
- Evaluating the potential impact of current or proposed policies on stakeholders across the energy sector value chain.
- Identifying and integrating key energy sector datasets from across Australia and internationally.
- Producing reports for key industry and government clients from across the energy sector and contribute to quality science publications.
- Contributing to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia preferred, other locations considered
Salary: $97k to $105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58414
To be successful, you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g. economics, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, science) and/or at least three years of relevant professional experience working in the energy industry.
- Experience in Linear Programming, Non-Linear Programming or Mixed-integer Programming problems in the General Algebraic Modelling System programming language.
- To be able to work with large data sets, including identification and integration of data relevant to the energy sector and the use of contemporary database management systems (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL).
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously for internal and external clients.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please load one document containing your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role (Maximum 2 MB).
Applications close: 10.59 pm (AEDT), Sunday, 21st October 2018