- Are you experienced in Operating System development?
- Take the next step in your career
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
Data61 is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to develop and implement project plans; analyse, validate and report results. You will also provide engineering leadership, play a part in securing project funds, and pursue new ideas that build new concepts.
In this role you will collaborate with researchers, external companies and the open-source community. Additionally, you will create and maintain networks, assist in securing project funding, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas that build new concepts.
Location: Kensington, NSW
Salary: AU $111K to AU $130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Honours degree in Computer Science/Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience in systems programming, in low-level, unmanaged languages (C, assembler)
- Programming experience with scripting languages
- Knowledge of operating systems and concepts (virtual memory, process management, etc).
- Experience working in a collaborative team of software engineers.
- The ability to understand current research in computer science.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 18th September 2018