- Apply your technical expertise to support The Canberra Deep Space radio antenna facility.
- Be part of a supportive, multi-disciplinary team.
- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier scientific research organisation.
The Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) hosts the ground-based facilities needed to support continuous spacecraft telecommunications as part of NASA’s Deep Space Network (DSN). For more information on CDSCC, please visit: http://www.cdscc.nasa.gov
The Maintenance Facilities Section (MF) provides the technical expertise and engineering management services required to operate and maintain the wide range of technologies used in the radio antenna's and support infrastructure located at CDSCC. Maintenance & Facilities may also undertake engineering development work in support of new capabilities. The Facilities Team maintains and operates site facilities including electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), water and sewerage, landscaping and gardening, building and minor works and vehicle fleet and some site plant.
In this engaging role as Senior Electrical Technician you will work under limited direction to perform a variety of tasks that include installation works, supervision, routine maintenance, modification and fault repair of complex antenna and building power systems. You will have varying levels of responsibilities across the following areas:
- Supervision of apprentices
- Maintenance tasks
- Facilities project and contractor management support
- Specialist support in power and HVAC systems
- Maintenance and technical planning.
Location: Tidbinbilla, Canberra ACT
Salary: $91K - $98K plus allowances and up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 57970
To be successful you will need:
- An electrical trade Certificate, or higher qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience working in an industrial type maintenance and operations environment as an Electrician.
- Current Driver’s License, Working at Heights and Confined Spaces training, Asbestos Awareness training, Construction White Card.
- Ability and willingness to work at heights and within confined spaces.
- Competency with PC based applications including MS Office suite.
- High Voltage Electrical training (or willingness to attain).
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
CSIRO Astronomy and Space have a long and successful history in the space sector from radio astronomy research, managing complex facilities and observing Earth from above to supporting data and manufacturing supply chains.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Details Document.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, 20 August 2018