- Are you an experienced senior proof engineer
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Contribute to improved proof automation and better reasoning techniques
The role of Research Engineer staff in CSIRO is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts. You may be involved in leading research projects or undertaking work that has impact on the development of scientific or technical knowledge.
The role of Proof Engineer in particular is to develop and expand formal models and proofs and other infrastructure for the development of both verified software itself and of new methodology for producing verified software at greater scale, depth, and speed.
Location: Kensington, Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 positions, both a specified term 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Honours degree in Computer Science/Mathematics etc. or equivalent experience.
- Substantial programming experience, ideally in functional languages (ML/Haskell).
- An interest in good engineering practice (version control, automated builds, etc.).
- The ability to understand current research in computer science.
- The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document (PDF version)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.