- Do you have a proven track record in the area of Privacy Enhancing Techonolgies?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Lead a team providing groundbreaking research
CSIRO Data61 is offering an exciting opportunity to hire a highly talented and motivated research scientist with an outstanding research track in Privacy Enhancing Technologies. In this position, you will undertake world-leading research activities in the domain of Information Security and privacy with a focus on data-driven impactful research with real-life applications. This may include the development of privacy preserving algorithms for data release, privacy preserving Analytics and private data processing. This also includes aspects of quantification of privacy risks with the design and development of systems for efficient private data-centric collaboration platforms.
You will work in a vibrant research environment to lead a talented team of researchers in the Data Privacy Team within the Information Security and Privacy Group of Data61, with various experience levels and unique world leading profiles in Privacy. The team is one of the worlds’ leading research groups in Privacy Technologies and aims to achieve the exciting and challenging goals of enabling the use of data in our digital economy while preserving individuals privacy. Research to be undertaken targets the most prestigious international publication venues and aims to educate Australia’s best undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Data61 is the result of a merger between National ICT Australia (NICTA) and CSIRO’s digital research unit, creating one of the largest digital research teams in the world and, outside of the Department of Defence, Australia’s leading capability in cyber security research.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Melbourne, VIC or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, information theory and statistics, mathematics, security and privacy or a closely related field and relevant experience in the area of privacy enhancing technologies.
- An outstanding publication track record demonstrated through repetitive published papers in the top security and privacy conferences and journals.
- An established reputation and credibility within the privacy enhancing technologies community with evidence of effective leadership and international community recognition.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and lead research in security and privacy-related technologies including (but not limited to) Privacy preserving Systems design, information theory, applied cryptography techniques, security and privacy measurement and modelling and the ability to apply them to potentially impactful applications and real-life domains including Health, future smart cities, digital data platforms, security and safety, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to work in both industrial and academic research environments.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate and to perform efficient joint work on multi-disciplinary challenges through successful collaborations with distinguished researchers from industry and academia.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research group and to foster joint innovative research in addition to the ability to carry out outstanding autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.