- Are you an experienced senior software engineer?
- Do you want to lead collaborations with internal and external stakeholders?
- Work within an exceptional research and development team at CSIRO's Data61
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a senior Software Engineer to help develop innovative solutions to real world problems. We are currently building new technologies for data integration and machine learning on graphs with real impact for Australia. We are seeking creative people to solve entity resolution problems, design and build data pipelines, and write elegant software at scale for the Australian government. We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies, and the ability to grow to your full potential.
This is a security assessed position and successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. To obtain an Australian Government security clearance you must be an Australian Citizen. Applicants seeking sponsorship or who only hold residency status will not be considered.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $131K to AU $145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Ability to build high quality solutions to complex data engineering problems.
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, Haskell, Kotlin, Go, Clojure, C, C++, Java.
- Experience working with database technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, work collaboratively and perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and lead projects, provide technical direction and supervision, present ideas and foster creativity in others.
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research and engineering team.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.