- Build technologies for the next generation of applied machine learning
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest innovation group
- Develop innovative solutions for real world problems
If you are a technology enthusiast with Computer Vision and Machine Learning background who want to solve real-world problems, this position is for you. Data61 Robotics group has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with experience in Machine Learning and Computer Vision to help develop innovative solutions for real world problems. We are currently building new technologies for multimodal robotics perception and Machine Learning applied to multispectral/hyperspectral data with real impact for Australia. We are seeking creative people to design and build data pipelines and write elegant, usable software at scale. We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies, and the ability to grow to your full potential. The role will also be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and deployment of code from (MVP) Minimum Viable Product to full production code.
The ideal candidate will have expertise or experience in real time 2D and 3D perception (in cluttered and unstructured environments), 3D point cloud processing, and machine learning techniques.
The CSIRO Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, located in Brisbane, is part of the Cyber Physical Systems Research Program (CPS) of Data61, and is one of the leading applied robotics and autonomous systems research labs in the world. It has over 45 researchers and engineers, as well as many research interns, graduate students and visiting scientists. The Robotics Group has extensive laboratory facilities and research infrastructure and has a broad spectrum of collaborations with other CSIRO research units, as well as many universities and research centres in Australia and abroad.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU $61K - AU $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, developing and implementing vision and perception software, and machine learning systems
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality software (including version control, issue tracking, test automation, etc.) evidenced by code
- Proficiency in Linux and scripting
- Demonstrated experience with computer vision, robotics and machine learning algorithms
- 2+ years programming experience (C++ or Python)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations
We love code examples. If you have anything that we can look at, such as open source (e.g. on Github or BitBucket), we would appreciate if you mentioned it in your application.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until 10:59pm AEST on Friday 15th June 2018.