- Do you want to drive open source community for a cutting edge data visualisation platform?
- Push the boundaries of data visualisation in an exciting new project
- Work within an exceptional research and development environment and join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a talented Java Software Engineer for the Data Science Platforms team.
In this position you will be the primary developer on an open source graph visualisation platform written in Java. You will have the freedom to extend this software into new areas by developing novel network visualisation algorithms, and experimenting with GPUs, distributed computing and machine learning.
In this role you will be encouraged to experiment with new technologies, learn new techniques and skills, and apply them to your work.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Building software systems and algorithms for network data visualisation in Java.
- Leading an open source software project with real impact.
- Collaborating with UX and UI teams on visualisation techniques.
- Collaborating with research and engineering teams.
Location: Negotiable (Eveleigh, NSW or Canberra, ACT preferred)
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years and 5 months
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as Computer Science or a similar technical field.
- Experience developing software in Java
- An interest in data visualisation and machine learning
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close 10:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 25th March 2018.