- Do you hands on experience with solar printing & encapsulation?
- Coordinate fabrication of printed solar films for research
- Join CSIRO Manufacturing team & help delliver on multiple, exciting projects!
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced researcher to deliver across a number of projects in the printed photovoltaics area. The broad goal of these projects is to translate laboratory research findings to industry-relevant fabrication processes at manufacturing scale. You will need to have skills and experience in solar film printing and encapsulation to perform the role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop practical, industry-relevant processes for printed solar film fabrication.
- Use and develop your knowledge and application experience to coordinate fabrication of printed solar films for research purposes and for the preparation of small and large area prototypes.
- Use and develop your knowledge and application experience to coordinate encapsulation of printed solar films for research purposes and for the preparation of small and large area prototypes.
- Undertake materials, performance and degradation characterisation of printed solar films and related samples to refine printing, encapsulation and other fabrication processes.
- Contribute to the development of fabrication processes for both organic and perovskite based printed solar films.
- Contribute to the development of printed conducting electrodes for printed solar films and other flexible electronics applications.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$95K - AU$103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as materials science or engineering.
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) in the fabrication of roll-to-roll printed (vacuum-free) solar cells.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and testing large area flexible solar cells/modules (i.e. >100 cm2).
- Knowledge of degradation mechanisms of printed solar cells.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 55956. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 23 February 2018