- Are you experienced in the domain of secure and private computational systems?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Undertake world-leading research
The role of Research Scientist in Data61 CSIRO is to design innovative solutions leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
The research scientist will contribute to Data61’s science vision. The role in the Information Security and Privacy Group is to undertake world-leading research activities in the domain of secure and private computational systems. In particular, these activities include the development of novel methods and technologies for privacy-preserving data collection and analytics, and the development of secure systems for information computation and communication. In addition, you will specifically focus on the application of such novel approaches to highly distributed multi-tiered environments (e.g. wearable, IoT devices, smartphones, sensor networks), where edge and mid-tier devices may share and execute privacy/information security enabling functions. The research dissemination will be in world-leading and premier research venues and top tier international venues.
The role is also expected to contribute to educate undergraduate and postgraduate students through active collaborations with universities, supervision and review of PhD students as well as strong collaboration with other researchers in Data61 and other Business units at CSIRO in multiple strategic and external/industry supported projects.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Melbourne, VIC or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, or a closely related field in the area of information security and privacy enhancing technologies.
- Excellent research track record in information security, privacy preserving and/or distributed systems, as demonstrated by publications in top-tier security, privacy, and/or systems journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated capabilities to conduct leading research in the area of information security, privacy preserving systems, distributed systems, including the measurement, modelling, and implementation of such systems.
- A demonstrated experience within industrial research or R&D experience and previous experience with customer engagement in the domains of security, privacy, wearable, ITO, sensor networks or other related areas.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.