- Variety is the spice of life – and there’s a lot here
- Make a difference to STEM Education, Publishing, Futures Strategic Advisory Services and other innovation enabling services
- Join CSIRO and lead business development for CSIRO Services.
CSIRO Services is looking for a Business Development Director and seeks applications from individuals with a track record of success to lead and deliver on our growth agenda. Reporting to the Executive Manager Business Development & Commercial you will work closely with the CSIRO Services leadership team and be responsible for the development and execution of commercial strategy to achieve growth, commercial impact and revenue. Specifically you will:
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with senior executives and external stakeholders across industry and governments.
- Identify, build and develop strategic portfolios of clients and partners in CSIRO Service’s key markets.
- Lead the end-to-end conversion of strategic business development and commercial opportunities.
- Support CSIRO Services leaders with market research and business intelligence to support planning, monitoring and evaluation of Services’ impact, pipeline and revenue.
- Own and embed commercial and business skills standards across CSIRO to effectively engage with clients and partners.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra preferred. Other locations considered.
Salary: $132k to $145k plus up to 15.4% super
To be successful you will have:
- A degree in science, engineering, business or marketing and at least 4 years experience in a business development or commercial role.
- The ability to partner effectively with client groups to achieve and grow business impact and revenue focussing on return on investment.
- The ability to identify, build and develop a portfolio of commercial relationships to support delivery of impact and meet revenue goals.
- The ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of opportunities that drive and support commercial contracting.
- Leadership and collaboration skills to work in multidisciplinary teams and to mentor and develop skills in others.
- Experience developing a wide range of disciplines at all levels internally and externally and experience in influencing key stakeholders within a complex and ambiguous environment.
Find out more! Visit www.csiro.au/careers and click on Current Opportunities.
To apply: Please upload one PDF document (of no more than 2 MB) with you CV and cover letter and either click the Apply button or go to www.csiro.au/careers and click on Current Opportunities, Reference 53267. Position Details
Closing date: 21st January, 2018