- Utilise expertise as an Instrument/Electrical Technician.
- Provide technical support to globally renowned laboratory.
- Join Australia's Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) at CSIRO Geelong today.
CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services are seeking an experienced Instrument/Electrical Technician to join their team at the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL).
This is an exciting opportunity for you to provide support in a variety of laboratory and field situations across a range of scientific research projects.
As a dual tradesperson, you will have a dynamic role, including the responsibility of conducting instrumentation and control system maintenance, repair and calibration activities, while providing a responsive, reliable and cost effective service.
You will encompass out-of-hours and call-out responsibilities covering the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) region and require the physical ability to be able to access all areas in the site. The successful applicant will be required to gain, and hold, an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to a specialised team, performing allocated preventative and corrective maintenance and attend to breakdown requirements of specialised and conventional instrumentation and control systems for services.
- Accomplishing individual tasks such as client liaison, material procurement and labour management, with the aim being to deliver a quality maintenance service.
- Updating records for statutory maintenance requirements, site accounts, facility drawings plus operating and maintenance manuals.
- Ensuring all work activities and necessary data is captured and recorded in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Participation in the after-hours “on call” roster to provide a 24/7 emergency response for the site.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU $61K to $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 52801
To be successful you will need:
- A qualification in Instrumentation Trade qualifications or Dual Electrical/Instrument Trade qualifications.
- Significant experience in process control in a biological high containment facility, process industry, building services, or manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and resolving problems on instrumentation and process controls listed above.
- Competence to accurately interpret control system and electrical schematics, engineering drawings, operating and maintenance manuals.
- Willingness to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Tuesday, 19 December 2017