- Add value to the development of innovative solutions to real world problems
- Extract knowledge from data & benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to work with data to gain insights into real world problems.
We are seeking creative, inquisitive people who love working with data and machine learning technologies, and who can apply their skills to help customer needs.
We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Location: Canberra ACT or Eveleigh NSW
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term appointment
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in data science.
- Experience solving problems using quantitative approaches on real-world data.
- Good communication skills, the ability to present results to different audiences.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, MatLab, C, C++, Java, Scala
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Our commitment to you
CSIRO’s Data61 offers an open and supportive workplace, where employee wellbeing is a top priority. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace by focusing on gender equality, support and development of women in leadership, increasing the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders whilst supporting the LGBTI community and other diverse backgrounds.
CSIRO’s Data61 offers a range of flexible working opportunities, including part-time and job share arrangements, to provide you with work/life balance. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family that contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications close on Wednesday 02 August 2017 (11:30pm AEST time).