Software Engineer - Cloud, IoT
- Solve challenging R&D problems using a cutting-edge tech stack
- Deliver products that benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
As a Software Engineer in the Engineering & Design program, you will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our user experience team to build products from Data61 research and technology. As a member of the Smart Infrastructure Engineering team, you will apply technologies including IoT and remote sensing, machine learning and analytics to a range of applications, from monitoring of civil infrastructure to precision agriculture. You will be developing scalable cloud software in various programming languages, including functional Scala and Python.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: CSOF5 $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation or
CSOF6 $106K - $24k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering
- Expertise developing and deploying cloud software
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking
Experience with any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Databases (SQL and NoSQL, time-series, administration, performance tuning, schema design and modelling, stored procedures, triggers, clustering, query design and evaluation)
- AWS deployment (EC2, ECS, IAM, CloudFormation, Lambda)
- DevOps (Ansible) and container (Docker, Kubernetes) technologies
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment (Jenkins)
- Web applications (frontend/single-page apps, RESTful APIs, backend services)
- Linux/UNIX and cloud development
- Message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, NATS, RabbitMQ)
- Agile project management
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details Document
Open to applications until filled