- Are you looking for a role that utilises your administration and relationship building skills, as well as your Chemistry degree?
- Do you have experience in chemical management?
- Join CSIRO's Health, Safety and Environment function in a critical support role
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) function within CSIRO seeks to continuously improve the safety of the working environment to prevent injuries and illness, while caring for the natural and built environment. HSE is responsible for supporting the objectives of striving for Zero Harm in CSIRO and the delivery of a one-CSIRO HSE culture through consistency of strategy, procedure and deployment of initiatives. It is committed to reinforcing line management accountability by ensuring that professional and skilled HSE support is available; effective working relationships are developed and sustained; and that best HSE practice can be transferred across CSIRO.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Site Chemical Coordinator to join our team at Black Mountain Science Innovation Park (BMSIP) and provide high quality support in the management of chemical inventory, procurement, storage, waste, and compliance.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the storage of chemicals across BMSIP chemical stores and provide accurate advice regarding safe storage, labelling, transport and segregation of chemicals on site.
- Assist with purchase of chemicals for all BMSIP staff and establish a mechanism to facilitate an efficient and reliable ordering system.
- Establish and undertake the system administration of the BMSIP Chemical Inventory Management System, including reviewing chemicals held and managing stocktakes in consultation with the business units and local Health, Safety and Environment staff.
- In conjunction with the chemical inventory system, assist staff with the generation of GHS compliance labels and ensure up to date Safety data Sheets (SDSs) are available to all staff
- Provide training to teams in relation to chemical awareness, use of chemical management system and co-facilitation of chemical safety training with HSE staff
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: AU $78K - AU $88K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Ref No.: 39301
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in chemical inventory system management.
- Demonstrated experience in chemical management in a complex environment, including chemical inventory management and procurement.
- Demonstrated experience as a trusted advisor, with the ability to build strong client relationships which foster networks to deliver initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and consider the implications of a range of available alternatives in order to select the most appropriate response to problems of a familiar or recurring nature.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 6th June, 2017