- Are you passionate about astronomy?
- Contribute to observations & Science goals using the Parkes & FAST telescopes
- Join internationally-renowned CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
You as the successful candidate will support the commissioning of the Parkes ultra-wide-bandwidth receiver for spectral line and pulsar observations. You will have the opportunity to develop and test new calibration methods enabling simultaneous observations with high time and high frequency resolution.
You will be involved in the development of a cryogenically-cooled Phased Array Feed for the Parkes telescope and carry out high impact science using the Parkes telescope.
CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships provide experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
Location: Marsfield NSW
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term appointment
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as astronomy or astrophysics.
- Demonstrated experience with either spectral line or pulsar observations with a radio telescope
- Knowledge of calibration requirements for either spectral line astronomy or pulsar astronomy
- Demonstrated experience of scientific (unix-based) computing
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Friday 30 June 2017