- Are you passionate about software development?
- Join CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science and help provide facilities for scientists to explore our solar system and beyond
- Work on the instrumentation of the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) telescope
The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work. At senior levels, Research Projects staff may be involved in providing consulting services, science management and/or industry liaison.
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) is completing instrumentation of the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) telescope at the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory (MRO) in mid-west WA. CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science requires a Control Systems Software Developer to develop and maintain Monitor and Control System software for its radio telescopes.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU $78,479 - AU $88,787 p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Ref No.: 26175
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience developing control and monitoring software for hardware devices.
- Applied knowledge of software development processes including source control management and issue tracking.
- Strong applied knowledge of software development in C++.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST on Monday, 27th February 2017.
This is a readvertised role. Previous applicants need not apply.