- Join the Data61 team - the largest data innovation group in Australia
- Develop cost effective wireless communications for rural communities
- Access world class facilities at CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO’s Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia’s future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
The Senior FPGA Engineer will join a team in the Cyber Physical Systems program developing world leading high performance wireless tracking and communication systems across a range of industry segments, with potential projects including developing cost effective wireless communications for rural communities, and improving worker safety. The role involves working closely and collaboratively with researchers, hardware developers, other programmers and commercial customers to deliver robust and reliable system.
Location: Marsfield, Sydney, NSW
Salary: $106K - $124K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A degree and or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline area, such as engineering or computer science.
- An established period of experience developing FPGA code to commercial standard that is tightly integrated with hardware.
- Demonstrated experience developing firmware architecture and code for systems implementing sophisticated wireless or signal processing algorithms on a software defined radio.
- Deep understanding of wireless hardware.
- Proven ability to work well in teams and manage key relations internally and externally. Outstanding communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for contentious proposals/ideas.
- Ability to manage periods of change, uncertainty and conflict.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
CSIRO Data61 is Australia’s digital powerhouse, formed by the recent integration of NICTA and CSIRO’s Digital Productivity Business. We bring a multidisciplinary approach with design thinking, creativity, and behavioural economics to solve complex business problems, digital transformation and early stage commercialisation of data-centric solutions. Data61 is a CSIRO entity, Australia’s pre-eminent scientific organisation.
Data61 focuses on every aspect of data research and development, from data capture [via sensor technology and robotics] to data consumption; communications and networking; infrastructure; hardware and software; cybersecurity; data statistics, modelling and analytics; decision sciences; behavioural economics and cognitive sciences—across every major industry sector. Find out more! www.data61.csiro.au.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring that you have provided enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 5 March 2017