Cryogenic and Vacuum Engineer
- Assist with the design & development of superconducting sensors & detectors
- Apply your knowledge of vacuum systems to a range of research projects
- Work with world leading scientists and engineers on cutting edge projects
You as the successful applicant will work across the areas of Superconductivity and Nanostructured Thin Film Materials. The Superconductivity team has developed world-leading scientific capability in high-temperature superconducting electronic devices, circuits and application systems. These include superconducting magnetometers, terahertz imaging and spectroscopy, as well as superconducting wireless communication receivers and RF antennas.
You will assist with the development of cryocooler based detectors operating in a low noise, low vibration environment at cryogenic temperatures.
The Nanostructured Thin Films team has ongoing requirements for a vacuum engineer to assist with the direction of the design, construction and maintenance of UHV systems used in thin film growth.
Location: Lindfield NSW
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
To be successful you will need:
- Hands-on experience using and developing cryogenic instruments, cryocoolers and high vacuum systems.
- Experience with standard vacuum maintenance and troubleshooting techniques such as high temperature bake-outs, leak testing and knowledge of high vacuum tools and procedures.
- Demonstrated Systems design skills along with mechanical background.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
This is a re-advertised position and previous applicants need not apply
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Sunday 19 February 2017