- Improve your professional employment prospects
- Combine study with a paid work placement in your relevant field
- ·Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
The Indigenous Cadetship Program is an initiative of the CSIRO Indigenous Engagement Strategy which seeks to significantly increase Indigenous employment nationally within CSIRO. Through this strategy, CSIRO aims to enhance the educational, employment, training and career development opportunities for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Indigenous Cadetships may be offered to people of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent who are enrolled for full-time study in their first undergraduate degree course at an Australian university. Upon successful completion of the Cadetship, Cadets will be encouraged to apply for positions in CSIRO relevant to their qualification and skills.
Our cadetships offer a combination of full time study and work placements within CSIRO (usually completed during the long break at the end of each academic year) and provide:
- A study allowance of $300 per week during periods of full-time study (40 weeks)
- Financial assistance of $500 per semester to assist with study costs
- 12 weeks of paid work placement during each year of the cadetship
- Payment of HECS fees by CSIRO on successful completion of study.
An opportunity exists for an Engineering/Chemistry cadet to join the Manufacturing group. In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary chemiresistor research team, investigating unique sensor arrays for real-world applications ranging from environmental monitoring to personalised health care. As part of the project team you need to be adaptable and contribute to several aspects of instrumentation and process development. There will be an emphasis on chemiresistor manufacturing process optimisation.
Locations: Lindfield, NSW
Duration: Up to 4 years (depending on current year of study)
Salary: Study allowance of $300 during periods of full-time study + 12 weeks of paid work placement during each year of the cadetship (starting at $570 per week before tax)
Reference No: 30867
Indigenous Cadetships are open to students who are:
- of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent:
- currently enrolled for full-time study in their first undergraduate degree course at an Australian university; and
- registered with the Indigenous Cadetship Support Program: http://www.ics.employment.gov.au
How to Apply: For further information and details on how to apply, please see the Position Details document
Interested candidates will be required to provide an academic transcript (or confirmation of enrolment if not yet started), Confirmation of Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander descent as well as a resume.
About CSIRO: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet. Find out more at www.csiro.au.
Applications close: Open until filled