Research Scientists | Robotics | Multiple Positions - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Scientists | Robotics | Multiple Positions
Acknowledgement of Country?
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land,?sea?and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.?
Life at Data61 and how you can be part of our mission?
CSIRO’s Data61 is at the forefront of digital science and innovation, leading both in developing new research as well as working across disciplines and sectors to apply technologies and drive impact.?
Data61’s Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group (RASG) has a legacy of over 35 years within the global realm of Field Robotics. We have not only cemented our position within Australia but are recognised as world leaders! Recently we have showcased our field robotics capabilities by representing the Southern Hemisphere at the DARPA Subterranean Challenge and placed second after a narrow tie-breaker for first place.
Our ongoing research has produced new techniques for localisation, mapping, multi-agent navigation and situational awareness, providing novel solutions to address problems faced by industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team and be responsible for leading cutting-edge research across various domains such as robot perception and learning, robot-world interaction and navigation in complex environments. To find out more information about our work, visit our website.
We are committed to continuously building a diverse, inclusive and flexible working environment where all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
How we can thrive together to solve Australia's data-driven challenges?
- Data61 are at the digital and data heart of Australia's national science agency - CSIRO?
- We have the largest group of digital technology researchers in Australia?
- A unique opportunity to seamlessly work across disciplinary boundaries and make an impact at a national scale.?
Overview of who we are looking for??
Data61 is strengthening its Robotics and AI capabilities and?we?are?offering a number of indefinite opportunities for?Research Scientists to join us within the field of Robotics to?contribute to?our various strategic areas. Locations available across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra or remote where requirements can be met.
We are looking for candidates that are working in the area of human and robotic teaming. If the below sounds like you then please apply now to express your interest!?
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area of robotics that may include engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications in recognised journals and/or international conferences.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following domains within Robotics: Robot learning, 3D perception, Soft robotics and/or Navigation.
- High level written and oral communication skills; including an ability to present research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- Experience using scientific programming languages including C++ or Python and familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary research team, and carry out independent research, to achieve organisational goals.
CSIRO is an Equal Opportunity employer working hard to recruit world-class talent that represents the diversity across our society.?
?Who is eligible to express their?interest?
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident, or hold valid working rights throughout the duration of the tenure. From there, you will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Were?to from here!?
If you are interested in opportunities within Data61’s Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group and meet the above candidate requirements, please apply to register your interest!?If you prefer to have an informal chat before putting your EOI (Expression of Interest), you can contact Careers.Online@csiro.au.
Who will view my EOI:?Data61 Research Directors, Group Leaders and Talent Acquisition are partnering together to review your expression of?interests.?We are excited to hear from you and will be in touch with you over the coming weeks where there is a potential match to an opportunity that may be your future role!?
This advertisement will remain open, and we reserve the right to withdraw this ad once we have successful filled all vacant positions.
- Work Type:
- Full Time