- Do you have significant experience in leading product and commercial strategies?
- Make an impact by enabling science capability that delivers large scale and complex projects
- Join CSIRO’s Data61 Leadership team
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Product and Design Group Leader to work within the Engineering & Design team.
In this position you will support a team of product and user experience design specialists and deliver world class products which reshape industries or create new ones. You will work with the Engineering & Design director and other stakeholders to allow product and UX to inform the priority strategic areas for the business unit and the organisation. leading product and design thinking. You will lead a team to deliver outstanding value by defining outcomes and measuring them for each program residing in Engineering & Design.
Your duties will include:
- Support your team of product and user experience design specialists.
- Work with the Engineering & Design director and other stakeholders to allow product and UX to inform the priority strategic areas for the business unit and the organisation, leading product and design thinking in these areas.
- Contribute to science impact planning, implementation and review for the Research Program with a focus on the Research Group.
- Catalyse science thinking - form/support science networks, sponsor exploratory and capability development projects.
- Support the Research Director in resource management and long-term planning.
Location: Eveleigh NSW preferred. Black Mountain ACT or Docklands VIC may be considered
Salary: AU$136k – AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- Significant experience leading a team of User Experience Designers and/or Product Managers/Owners
- Proven track record of product and business creation for example experience in business models, developing product market fit
- Demonstrated experience in driving product development, using customer insights and measurement to identify and deliver change initiatives across product, service, or channel development, where that change has delivered value to customers and users.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.