- Actively lead and participate in strategic and external R&D projects
- Develop innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 envisions a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security industry with greater resilience to cyber threats in business, to enhance confidence in the digital economy by bringing together exceptional people from research and industry. Data61 is building a network with industries, academic and government communities, both nationally and internationally. Data61 provides a good supporting environment for commercialising research results and building innovation through start-ups and active community engagement. The Senior Research Scientist will have an opportunity to collaborate with CRC partners within the Australian cyber security ecosystem and address the challenging problems in cyber security.
This role will help shape the effectiveness of the cyber security of critical infrastructure in Australia through applied research and development. The Senior Research Scientist will work closely with the research, industry and government participants in the Cyber Security Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) and DATA6 's Research in Distributed Systems Security.
The Research Scientist will collaborate in developing a stream of research and development that contributes to high quality journal articles acceptable to high impact journals. They will also continually seek to develop skills, experience, and research impact, with the objective of becoming a leading expert in the field.
Location: Marsfield, NSW
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as security, privacy or a closely related field and/or 5+ years in a similar position at an enterprise level.
- High level written and oral communication skills demonstrated through publications and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences, and for a range of different audiences.
- Demonstrated high level of experience in conducting research activities in cyber security and related areas in one or more of the following – security data science, IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, CIKM, and/or KDD.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring junior researchers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing industry project proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team and to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity in the area of cyber security or related areas, plus the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
AEST 11:59pm, Monday, 14th October, 2019.