- Help build the next generation of Privacy-preserving record linkage technologies.
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the Digital Innovation Arm of Australia’s Largest Science Agency.
Confidential Computing at Data61 brings together engineering and research expertise from different disciplines including Cryptography, Machine Learning, Analytics and Software Engineering. The team is focussed on creating a new type of “privacy-preserving” data science capability for Data61’s various enterprise and government customers and partners.
Privacy-preserving record linkage (PPRL) is part of these efforts, permitting multiple organisations to link sensitive datasets without revealing personally identifiable information. We are seeking a talented and adaptable software engineer to join the project to build the next generation of PPRL technologies.
Your duties will include
- Research novel methods in privacy-preserving record linkage.
- Produce high quality engineering artefacts (e.g., design, patents, code, and demos).
- Apply cryptographic techniques to perform private federated learning.
- Build and deploy distributed microservices.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: CSOF4 AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
CSOF5 AU$98K - AU$106K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- Tertiary qualification and/or equivalent engineering experience in a relevant discipline area, such as cryptography, big data analytics, distributed computing, high-performance computing, or system architecture.
- At least one year of industry experience in a comparable position.
- Experience developing in Python (3.x preferred).
- Experience of developing in one or more commonly-used, statically-typed, object-oriented languages (such as Scala, Java or C++).
- Strong understanding of basic mathematical concepts.
- The ability to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- The ability to think creatively, prototype new ideas and deliver them through to clients, working to deadlines.
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multidisciplinary, regionally dispersed team.
For appointment at the higher (CSOF5) salary level you must also have:
- Strong software product development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating requirements with project partners, planning project activities (for self and others), and delivering to deadlines.
- At least 4 years’ experience developing in Python (3.x preferred).
- Extensive experience of developing in one or more commonly-used, statically-typed, object-oriented languages (such as Scala, Java or C++)
- Experience with low-level programming or GPU programming.
- A history of developing robust and secure applications. (We love code examples – please attach anything you have developed that we can look at, eg. open source projects.)
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:59 AEST Tuesday, 16th July, 2019