- Work in projects of both national and international significance
- Produce innovative software and solutions for Data61.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
Data61 is Australia’s data innovation leader, which currently partners with 33 universities in Australia and more than 90 corporate and 30 government structures in order to create Australia’s data-driven future. We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic software engineer to fill a key role in its Distributed Systems Security (DSS) group, who will mainly contribute to the design, development and delivery of security software platforms and applications in supporting the group’s R&D.
This is an exciting role that will help shape the effectiveness of the cyber security of critical infrastructure in Australia through applied research and development. The successful candidates will work closely with the research industry and government participants in DATA61’s Research in Distributed Systems Security. As a part of our team, you'll work in projects of both national and international significance, produce innovative software and solutions and create high impact around the country and the world.
Your duties will include
- Develop distributed systems software applications.
- Develop software requirements based on communication with clients and users.
- Work with researchers and software engineers to design, develop and deliver quality software.
- Write technical and user documentations.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Salary: AU$62K – AU$79K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, other relevant field, or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Solid engineering and software coding skills, with experience in writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
- Proficiency in a wide range of programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go or equivalent.
- Proficiency in using RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite.
- Proficiency in developing web based front end applications.
- Knowledge and/or experience of basic security concepts and the corresponding technologies, e.g., Public/Private keys, encryptions/decryption, digital signature/hashing, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience of cloud solutions/providers e.g. OpenStack, AWS, Azure.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday, 28th April, 2019