Project Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Leading Water Industry Member Association for people undertaking operational roles in the water industry
- Developing Organisation with a National Focus
- Technical Position
The Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (WIOA) is the peak representative body for people in operational roles in the Australian water industry. It is a national not-for-profit association, governed by a Board of Directors and a Committee elected by Association members.
We are seeking a competent, passionate and energetic individual to provide technical input and expertise across a range of Association activities. The role reports to the Chief Operations Officer. A main objective of the position is to maintain and build on the present activities and Member services in order to achieve WIOA’s constituted objectives and meet the Association’s strategic vision, mission and goals.
- Assist with the organisation and management of existing and new Member services and events. This will include printed material in the journal and newsletters; operational resource materials; conference and seminar programs; Interest Days; and the website.
- Assist with the development and implementation of WIOA’s Operator Certification Scheme and Continuing Professional Development processes.
- Take an active role in assisting to determine the needs and requirements of Members. Within the budget and strategic plan, develop and provide services and events to meet the identified needs.
- Grow our membership base and identify opportunities which will make it more attractive for all Members, potential members and stakeholders to increase their level of engagement with WIOA.
- Assist other WIOA staff and volunteers in the organisation and delivery of various conferences and events in accordance with the strategic plan.
You are very passionate about making a difference in the operational side of the water industry. To be successful, you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications or significant operational experience for a senior technical position in the water industry;
- Strongly developed and proven understanding of technical issues in a water industry operational context;
- High level verbal and written communication skills which are adaptable for a range of audiences;
- High level of motivation to deliver services and programs for the betterment of all water industry operational employees;
- Effective leadership skills to inspire and motivate teamwork to achieve shared goals;
- Capacity to develop appropriate and constructive relationships both internally and externally;
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a cohesive team depending on circumstances, in order to meet individual or team objectives;
- Capacity to contribute effectively to the organisation’s strategic planning process;
- Ability to successfully manage a range of projects with high work volumes and multiple priorities, within set budgets;
- Ability to manage competing demands within limited time frames.
Why the Water Industry Operators Association of Australia?
By joining WIOA, you will be part of a small but cohesive, creative, innovative and committed team who are passionate about making a difference in the operational sector of the water industry. This role provides a national focus, frequent travel and there will be ample opportunity to raise your profile and have a direct impact on the delivery of the Association’s business objectives.
The position will be offered on a full time basis subject to a 3 month probationary period and satisfactory ongoing performance. A salary package of up to $120,000 including a fully maintained company vehicle and superannuation, will be negotiated with the suitable applicant, depending on skills and experience.
How to apply
The Position Description and Conditions of Employment documents must be downloaded from the WIOA website at: https://wioa.org.au/positions-vacant/wioa-project-officer/
Applicants should provide a covering letter, resume with 2 references and a response to the Key Selection Criteria and submit it to:
Mr Craig Mathisen,
WIOA Chief Operations Officer
by email at email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 16 November 2018 at 5.00pm AEST.
If you would like to discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Craig on 0457 846 008 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 16 Nov 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time