- Billion Dollar Program
- Multiple roles x Start Feb 2021
- Canberra Location
One of Australia’s most reputable Federal Government Departments is looking to engage an multiple experienced and talented ICT Network Security Engineer to help uplift the cyber security, and working with Australian Government agencies to strengthen their cyber security and implement the Essential Eight mitigation strategies. The successful ICT Network Security Engineer will be offered a contract to commence in February 2021 in line with a new $1.67 Billion Program.
The successful ICT Network Security Engineer must have experience with the following;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g. firewalls, demilitarised zones, and encryption).
- Experienced in using network management tools to analyse network traffic patterns and interpreting the information collected.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in configuring and utilising network protection components (e.g. firewalls, VPN’s, network intrusion detection systems).
- Experienced in providing feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g. application of defense-in-depth).
The successful ICT Network Security Engineer would ideally have the following;
- Tertiary qualifications in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Industry certifications related to network and security technologies.
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets.
- Integrate new system’s into existing network architecture, and
- Diagnose network connectivity problems..
The successful ICT Network Security Engineer will commence the new role in February 2021 with extension options at a competitive hourly rate. If you have the required skills, DON'T DELAY, APPLY NOW please forward your resume to email@example.com quoting ref number AR0464 today! For more opportunities go to www.hitechaust.com.