Australian Road Research Board (ARRB), which was established in 1960, is a global leader in the Road and Transport applied research sector. We are Australia's leading national provider of value-added research, consulting, equipment and technical services addressing transport-related issues in both the domestic and international markets.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts who are eminent in their field. You will be encouraged to be your best whilst given the opportunity to discover and create new innovations that will shape the future of the road and transport sector. About the role and you:
We seek an accomplished, experienced and hands-on Principal Research Engineer, Pavements and Surfacings
, with a strong background in asphalt technology, to join our Research Division in Brisbane. In this key specialist position, you must be capable and enthusiastic about delivering practical applied research, consulting and training solutions to challenges faced by Australasian road agencies in addition to other national and international partners.
This position is required to locally lead and deliver National Asset Centre of Excellence (NACoE) projects by utilising our world-class laboratories and accelerated pavement testing technologies. As a highly developed pavement materials/design engineer, you will be able to utilise your in-depth knowledge in materials technology to better, value-for-money outcomes. The outcome-focused research is targeted at delivering innovation, facilitating private sector participation and embracing more efficient road management practice through the implementation of fit-for-purpose engineering solutions. In this position you will:
We are seeking an individual with:
- Initiate ideas, develop proposals, identify and secure work opportunities whilst undertaking research projects for international, national, state and local road agencies
- Contribute to the provision of pavement materials technology and asset management services to clients in QLD/NT and Australia nationally
- Deliver a wide range of research projects in the pavements materials and surfacings technical areas
- Develop solutions to identify cost savings for clients - in both the short and long term
- Achieve quantifiable and implementable outcomes.
What we offer you:
- Civil Engineering Degree, a Masters of Engineering Science Degree or a relevant Ph.D. (a higher research degree is desirable but not essential)
- Significant research work experience (min. 10 years) in asphalt technology
- Innovative engineering ideas with an awareness of best practice internationally
- Sound report writing prowess, together with advanced verbal communication and polished presentation skills
- Strong desire to further develop skills and capabilities to an expert level with proven business development and client engagement skills
- MIEAust, CPEng and eligibility for RPEQ.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being, including:
To be considered:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home and part-time options
- Access to our performance incentive scheme
- Monthly accrued day off (RDO)
- Salary packaging + purchase option for additional annual leave
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Additional leave days at Christmas and New Year
- Strong support for career development and further study
- Wellbeing benefits eg. vaccinations.
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources 03 9881 1570. Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.