- Are you an experienced Engineering/Asset Management professional with careful attention to detail and a long-term strategic focus? This is the job for you!
- Take on a challenging and rewarding Senior Management role with this forward-thinking local government!
- Remunerated at $95,424 per year plus 13% super!
Gympie Regional Council now has an excellent opportunity for an organised and driven Senior Asset Management Engineer to join the Water Business Unit (WBU) team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Manager - Strategic Planning (Water Business Unit) you will primarily be responsible for developing and managing strategic and tactical Asset Management Plans to support the WBU in the provision of water and sewerage services to the community.
Your role scope will include asset data collection & condition assessment programs, preparation of Asset Management Plans, capital works programming, renewal planning, feasibility studies and the development of project proposals and business cases.
Your day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of Asset Management Plans for water and sewerage assets
- Assessing and prioritising projects and programs criticality in order to develop and maintain long-term capital works programs;
- Undertaking detailed infrastructure planning and feasibility studies;
- Preparing associated project proposals and business cases for specific projects and programs;
- Developing and managing a reliable water and sewerage infrastructure asset register and associated asset management information software (AMIS);
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to collect asset data, asset condition and as-constructed data; and
- Leading business processes around asset data capture, hierarchy, conditions and performance information for water and sewerage infrastructure.
To be considered for this role, will need to possess either a tertiary qualification in a suitable Engineering discipline and/or significant demonstrated experience in infrastructure asset management.
The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and careful attention to detail, with relevant experience in asset management and infrastructure planning, including budget control, feasibility studies, business cases and proposals, and the development and review of strategic and tactical asset management plans.
Your 'big picture' vision and tactical focus will be crucial to your success, as will your ability to analyse problems and produce effective solutions. You will often be working independently and autonomously - significant organisation and prioritisation skills are required.
Importantly, as you will be liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders, you must have demonstrated interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills.
About the Benefits
- Nine day fortnight working arrangements, with the option of negotiated flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13%
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
How to apply
and click on the Jobs at Council link, then click on the corresponding job number.
Applications close on Sunday 15 March at 5.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.