About the Organisation
Gympie Regional Council (GRC) is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Gympie Regional Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward-thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
Remuneration: $84,284 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 25th August 2019 at 10.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
About the Opportunity
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for assisting the Design Manager in achieving best practice and effective sustainable management of Gympie Regional Council’s Gympie Regional Council’s $670M Transportation and Stormwater asset portfolio through the development and implementation of Advanced Asset Management and Operational Plans and service delivery in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act (2009). The position plays a key tactical role in the development and improvement of Engineering Service’s Asset Management process and its associated plans and service delivery strategies
Your day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting the Design Manager in preparation, review and updating of Asset Management plans and strategies to plans to achieve agreed outcomes and to achieve best practice asset management.
- The development, review and application of target levels of service for the transport and stormwater asset networks
- Provide transport data, technical advice and reporting as required for other Council officers, consultants, contractors, developers, residents and government and statutory agencies.
- Coordination of the condition assessment of existing civil infrastructure and develop recommendation reports on renewal/refurbishment strategy, safety and maintenance requirements, remaining life expectancy, and decommissioning requirements.
- Analysis and modelling of the condition, performance, risk, lifecycle cost and remaining lives of infrastructure assets, in order to improve asset investment decision making and achieve sustainable improvements in business performance
- Contribute to the development of the 10 year Capital Plan prioritising asset renewal and upgrade requirements by balancing cost, risk and performance in terms of target level of service provided.
- Provide technical support to the Corporate Asset Management and finance staff to complete transport and stormwater asset revaluations, remaining life review, asset impairment and other accounting treatments
- Maintain the Traffic model to support the design team
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Engineers Australia accepted bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards and industry best practices in regards transport and stormwater design, construction and maintenance.
- Experience in the inspection, condition assessment, investigation and preparation of projects and programs for road infrastructure particularly road resurfacing and road reconstruction.
- Experience in investigating, assessing and recommending solutions for transport and stormwater matters, including the development of business cases, project briefs and whole of life costing estimates.
- Experience in strategy and asset management plan development including application of risk management principals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with sound administrative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the application of the Geographic Information Systems and other software packages to the asset management process
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
For enquiries regarding this vacancy please contact Glenn Alexander, Manager Design on 1300 307 800.