Remuneration: Salary range between $88,701 to $94,166 plus 13% superannuation and commuter use of a Council vehicle.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 June 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position will manage the development engineering function with a focus on providing timely, high quality input into the assessment of development applications. In addition, the position will effectively administer the operational works component of developments within the Gympie Region.
What we are looking for
For this pivotal role, Council is seeking a candidate with tertiary qualifications in civil engineer along with significant and relevant experience at a senior leadership level in a development engineering environment. Whilst managing a small team of dedicated professionals, you will be expected to:
- provide expert advice to both internal and external stakeholders regarding the assessment of development applications for road and transport infrastructure, storm water and flooding, and road and earthwork design.
- provide expert pre-lodgement advice to developers on engineering matters.
- provide valuable input to the regular review of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme and the Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
- Oversee developers in the delivery of works to ensure compliance with Council standards.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manage, lead, coach and motivate the development engineering team.
We are seeking a self managed individual with a high level of knowledge pertaining to development engineering concepts. A democratic and inclusive leadership style that can effectively collaborate with developers and other Council professionals to achieve outcomes will excel in this position.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Significant and relevant experience in a senior leadership role from a development engineering environment.
- Proven experience in managing, developing and leading a team of professionals, including knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Experience in the interpretation of relevant legislation including the Local Government Act 2009, the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
- High level experience in the use of engineering standards, specifications and codes.
- High level written and verbal communication skill, and proven experience in providing expert advice on development engineering matters.
- Knowledge of construction standards and previous experience in overseeing developers or contractors.
Qualifications and/or experience in project management techniques and frameworks would be a clear advantage, as too would knowledge of flood modelling techniques. Registration as an RPEQ would be desirable, but not essential.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the General Manager - Design Services, Mr Lawry O'Brien on 54810461 or email Lawry.O'Brien@gympie.qld.gov.au
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Mrs Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org