Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to implement and develop a contemporary customer focussed water business unit. As such, unique and exciting opportunities exist for the experienced water business professional with a proven track record in the industry to lead the process and guide the goals and functions of this Council driven enterprise from its inception to new heights. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a modern water and sewerage business which is customer focused and underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Remuneration: This position will offer an attractive salary package negotiated with the successful candidate depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 March at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in delivering safe, reliable drinking water and removing and treating sewerage for domestic and commercial customers that meets the business objects of the Water Business Unit.
Responsible to the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Operations and Maintenance Branch through:
- Operating and maintaining drinking water supply and sewerage schemes to ensure regulatory compliance and customer service standards.
- Network and treatment monitoring and reporting.
- Customer complaints management.
- Safety, quality and environment system implementation.
- Maintenance framework implementation that optimises asset life-cycle costs.
- Asset condition assessments.
- Contract management and / or service level agreement monitoring and management.
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Engineering, Science, Environment management or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operation and maintenance practices and frameworks relevant to the water industry.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Sound knowledge of customer contact/call centre requirements and scripting, job planning, operational monitoring, control and management of performance standards and reporting requirements for a regulated water industry business.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of any of these roles, please contact Moira Zeilinga, the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit on Ph: 54810493 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- An attractive salary package for the right candidate
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.