Salary Range: $78,272.41 - $89,672.50 per annum
Location: 119 – 145 Spence Street, Cairns
Reference Number: 13042
Close Date: Monday, 11 November 2019
- Are you looking for an exciting career in a Local Government organisation?
- Do you want Work Life Balance?
If you answered yes to these questions then we would love to hear from you!
Enhance your career by joining Cairns Regional Council, one of the largest employers in the Cairns region. Our commitment to delivering high quality services to the community means we need talented, committed people – we need you!
Cairns Regional Council is currently seeking a Contracts Inspector to join our Water & Waste Department.
Primary Objective of the position:
- Ensure that all projects works are appropriately monitored and inspected to ensure compliance with the design requirements and delivery is within agreed quality, time and cost constraints,
- Undertake and assist in communications processes between stakeholders, internal and external.
- Contribute to the tender and contract process to achieve optimum cost, risk and value outcomes for civil infrastructure projects as reasonably directed by the appropriate supervisor.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management or Engineering or relevant experience, or appropriate trade qualifications.
- Significant experience in site inspection activities and the Work Health and Safety Act,
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of contractual practices and processes and recognition of how they relate to working within a Water Authority.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to be a contributing team member.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria please ensure you obtain a copy of the information kit and how to apply by scrolling to the Position Description area, then clicking on "Open" to download the attachment.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Preâ€‘employment medical assessment, which will include a functional capacity which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We off the following benefits:
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised Corporate Uniform
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position