Cairns Regional Council plays a fundamental role in planning and providing for the Cairns community. Servicing a population of over 150,000 across an area of nearly 1700km2 from Bramston Beach to Palm Cove, we deliver more than 400 services and functions. With the mission of “serving the community", Cairns Regional Council delivers a myriad of programs and services designed to promote the well-being of residents, the environment and the local economy. In addressing the challenges of population growth, climate change, environmental management, economic development and social well-being, we strive to create a sustainable, secure and vibrant future for our community.
Senior Project Engineer
- Level 8 - $94,538 - $106,347 per annum + super
- Permanent Full Time
- Exciting and fulfilling infrastructure project work
- 9 day fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave, 3 weeks sick leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Annual corporate uniform allowance
- Discounted corporate membership to local gyms / pools
- On-going personal and professional development relevant to the position
About the role
Move to a better position now and enjoy the lifestyle and benefits that come with it!
We are currently seeking a Senior Project extraordinaire with extensive civil engineering, project and contract management experience to lead and manage the project teams in the delivery of major capital works projects across all of Council’s infrastructure programs except water and wastewater ($100M/a program with projects up to $25M and duration 6-24 months).
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparation, design, specification, tender and/or contract documentation activities for capital works projects, report writing, manage project teams, tender and contract management, preparation of progress reports.
This position reports to the Preconstruction Coordinator and makes up a team of 8 members comprising of Engineers, Project Managers and a Project Support Officer.
To be successful in this role you must have:-
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- Extensive civil engineering, project and contract management experience in a medium to large multi-disciplined organisation.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidisciplinary project teams to achieve project & corporate objectives.
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant Standards and Legislation.
- Good relevant computer skills.
People Orientated Skills & Attributes
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong customer focus with an ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to set and achieve demanding personal and team milestones.
A post graduate qualification in project / contract management is desirable.
Please ensure your application includes:-
- Cover letter addressing the three (3) main elements under the selection criteria, both essential and desirable (see position description)
- Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- People Oriented Skills & Attributes
- Current copy of your Resume
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol test & national criminal history check.
All applications must be made on-line and close on 3 September 2017