Cairns Regional Council plays a fundamental role in planning and providing for the Cairns community. Servicing a population of over 150,000 across an area of nearly 1700km2 from Bramston Beach to Palm Cove, we deliver more than 400 services and functions. With the mission of “providing for today, preparing for tomorrow”, Cairns Regional Council delivers a myriad of programs and services designed to promote the well-being of residents, the environment and the local economy. In addressing the challenges of population growth, climate change, environmental management, economic development and social well-being, we strive to create a sustainable, secure and vibrant future for our community.
Senior Drainage Engineer
- Level 8 - $94,538 - $106,347 per annum + super
- Permanent Full Time
- 9 day fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave, 3 weeks sick leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Annual corporate uniform allowance
- Discounted corporate membership to local gyms / pools
- On-going personal and professional development relevant to the position
Move to a better position now and enjoy the lifestyle and benefits that come with it! We are currently seeking a seasoned Senior Drainage Engineer to provide expert strategic leadership, advice and guidance on Drainage and Foreshore matters, including strategic planning, asset management and operations. This position is one of 12 team members comprising of Engineers, Cadets & Technical staff who report through to the Coordinator Strategic Planning.
To succeed in this role you must have:-
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Civil) and eligibility for corporate membership of Engineers Australia/ Professionals Australia.
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ), or attainment of RPEQ within 6 months of appointment.
- Demonstrated experience in drainage engineering within a large organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and development of works programs relating to drainage and / or foreshore assets.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff.
- Demonstrated high level communication and negotiation skills in a multi-disciplinary environment.
For a full listing of duties and responsibilities please download the information kit which includes the selection criteria.
Please ensure your application includes:-
- Cover letter addressing the three (3) main elements under the selection criteria, both essential and desirable (see position description)
- Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- People Oriented Skills & Attributes
- Current copy of your Resume
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol test & national criminal history check.
All applications must be made on-line and close on 13 August 2017.