GWMWater is an innovative and progressive employer that is committed to contributing to the sustainable growth of communities within the Grampians, Wimmera and Mallee regions.
We provide a great work environment based on respect, professionalism and accountability to attract and retain the best people to GWMWater and the region.
We do this by:
- Supporting staff, suppliers and contractors to achieve zero harm.
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We offer exceptional working conditions including an active social club, attractive parental leave and other contemporary and flexible working arrangements to assist staff achieve an effective work life balance.
The role is located in Horsham, the capital of the beautiful Wimmera region, and is only three hours from Melbourne or the magnificent Victorian South West Coast. The region boasts access to many national parks including the Grampians and Mt Arapiles. Horsham offers a warm and welcoming community for those wanting to experience a safe and healthy rural lifestyle. This progressive city boasts first class health, educational, cultural, sporting and social facilities.
Currently applications are being sought for:
Energy Engineer - (Fixed Term 2 Years)
The Energy Engineer will have the key focus of planning for the implementation of GWMWater’s Clean Energy Strategy. The Victorian Government aims to achieve 42% reduction in carbon emissions by 2025 and net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. GWMWater is contributing to these goals and has committed to a carbon emission reduction pledge. The Clean Energy Strategy aims to deliver this pledge and to explore further opportunities for improved energy management, where the measures are economically sound and do not impact service pricing for GWMWater customers.
The Energy Engineer will work with the Strategic Infrastructure Projects team to plan and implement clean energy projects and programs. GWMWater’s clean energy projects and programs currently include:
- Installation of behind-the-meter solar at existing operational sites;
- Installation of battery energy storage systems at existing operational sites;
- Installation of in-line micro-hydro electricity generation on existing pipelines;
- Investigation of co-generation (biogas) opportunities;
- Analysis and implementation of energy efficiency measures at operational sites;
- Investigation of demand management opportunities;
- Investigation of front-of-meter opportunities, including large-scale solar and micro-grids; and
- Development of a detailed business case, charting a course to net-zero carbon emissions.
Further information about this exciting opportunity is available from www.careers.vic.gov.au or by contacting Kirsty Thornton, People Talent and Culture Officer on 1300 659 961.
Applications for this vacancy close on Wednesday 17 March 2021.
To apply online please visit: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Refer to the position number VG/4402
GWMWater is an EEO employer and is committed to continuously improving our quality, safety and environmental systems.
Please note applicants may be required to undertake a National Police Check.
If you would like to receive information in relation to this vacancy in an accessible format such as large print, please contact our People Talent and Culture division on 1300 659 961.