- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Senior Executive Officer position
- Fixed term to December 2020
- Be part of Moreland’s Urban Renewal Projects
- Ref No: 18111
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Places and Major Partnership Projects team seeks someone who enjoys developing strategic partnerships and working in a dynamic context to oversee the development of Council owned property and other place shaping and urban renewal projects.
Key aspects of this role include leading the implementation of The Coburg Initiative projects and other Council land projects. The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in developing high level partnerships, project management and property development. Experience negotiating contracts of sale and development agreements to achieve community benefit outcomes is highly desirable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO
- Oversee the planning and development of Council owned land projects and other place shaping and urban renewal projects as set out in Activity Centre Structure Plans and other relevant strategic policies.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate methodologies, procedures and plans to facilitate the delivery of nominated projects.
- Build confidence in the organisation’s capacity to plan and deliver strategic property projects.
- Develop and maintain strong networks with key State and Federal Government agencies and other external stakeholders to help facilitate the success of Council’s strategic property projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in project management, property, architecture, engineering or a related discipline with several years’ experience is desirable or a less formal qualification coupled with extensive and specialist experience.
- Experience in project and / or property development management including the engagement and management of contractors/consultants, in a public sector or commercial environment.
- Experience in developing or overseeing the development of viable concept plans and architectural schematics.
- Knowledge of / or experience in negotiating contracts of sale and development agreements to achieve community benefit outcomes from the development of government land.
- Experience operating within the context of State or Local Government and the accompanying political nous.
- Experience providing leadership across an organisation to build capacity in strategy development based on best practice, research and evidence.
- Ability to build connections internally and with State and Federal departments and agencies, other peak bodies and commercial organisations.
- Experience in preparing and presenting briefings and reports to senior executives and elected officials.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Giovanna Savini on 0432 950 880.
Applications close: 5pm, 27 December 2019
Please note all applicants must apply online and address the key selection criteria. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.