- $73K - $83K + Super
- Full Time / With access to Fortnightly RDO
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Job Ref: 18061
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. We are committed to creating an environmentally sustainable and liveable city. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an engineer at the start of their career who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to improve our transport network within Moreland. This position will identify, investigate and develop solutions for a range of traffic, parking, signage and road safety issues concerning the community and will contribute transport engineering expertise to multi-disciplinary teams as required.
Key aspects of this role include the implementation of Council’s transport policies including Moreland’s Integrated Transport Strategy and liaising with other Council departments to expand sustainable transport systems and practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- The successful candidate will have some experience in transport engineering
- Developing innovative transport solutions
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- You are required to have a degree in Civil Engineering or related field, experience or qualification in engineering, preferably transport.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development.
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Lee Dowler on 9240 1265.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday, 21 October 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.