- $98K - $110K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- 2 year maximum term position
- Full time position with monthly RDO (part time hours will be considered)
- Job Ref: 17989
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. We are committed to creating an environmentally sustainable and liveable city. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a sustainability professional to join our dynamic Strategic Planning Team and support Council's promotion of environmental sustainability across Moreland through the investigation and delivery of projects which further ESD objectives for Moreland.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Engineering, Sustainable design Urban Planning, Legal or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated project management and project implementation skills.
- Analytical and investigative skills to enable the formulation of policy options from within a broad organisation-wide framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of built environment rating tools and understanding of legislation (building and planning system).
- Working knowledge of principles of sustainable design, building physics and current sustainable design and development technology, initiatives and demonstration projects.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to and gain co-operation with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Diverse and stimulating senior role at a local council recognised for leadership in environmentally sustainable development and strategic planning.
- Opportunity to work in collaboration with our Strategic Planning Team, ESD Team and Urban Planning Team to raise ESD objectives.
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Kim Giaquinta, Unit Manager Amendments on 9355 4210.
Applications close: 5pm, 22 September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.